Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Night i came out

Firstly, Apologies for the slow blog posting, just been busy with college and computers, you fellow geeks know what i mean :P

Whilst im at college with nothing to do- here it is, the night I came out

So, a few nights ago, i was sitting at the computer doing my usually msn sessions, hotmail, checking blogs and maybeee playing a game. My brother already knew that i was bi and was having a relationship with a guy but hadnt told any1 until that exact moment. He opens his mouth (he never stops) and blurts out I was chatting with mboy, and it wasnt ur regular friendly chat like you would have with a normal friend.

All of a sudden, mum and my sister pounce on me like im some criminal; and then come the stories.
Oh the stories....
"Gay people commit suicide" (my mums massouse committed suicide and he was gay)
"All my gay friends are unhappy" (my sister has quite a few)
"All gay people do is take advantage of people" (mum again worrying)
"You're seeing the psychologist again" (get real)
"Im calling your father! (calls my dad then he yells at me, whats new)"
"You're NOT flying down to melbourne" (yes i am you cant stop me)"
Dad tells me its illegal, mum tells me its crazy, and my brother has a long chat with me when im trying to sleep about all the rude stuff he has done with girls to try to make me change my mind, though nothing will.
The next day i visit dad and he takes my phone, deletes mboys number and allll the texts and doesnt give it back to me; but i managed to get it back and store mboy again so everythings fine now =)

So from what you can see here, everyone in my family hates me for what i want to do and where i want to go in life, and i couldnt give a crap because i choose my own path.
I hope no bi or gay people out there have their whole family hating them and get to make their own decisions/choices in life like i am. Dad may have finally accepted it after a long tearful conversation i had with him.

Love you all, and sorry for the delay. <3

16 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, I hope after the shock that the realize that you are still the same person as before. Hang in there man.. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and you damn sure have support out here , and there .... Love Just

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm interesting situation and such a big mouth brother he needs his ass kicked

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure about international laws so I could be wrong but I think your dad is right you 19 and Mboy 16 is illegal

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry to hear that man, my family is the same way so i know how hard it is for you

    your dad is part right tho... in NSW its illegal, but luckily for you in Vic its legal

    Peace:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In NSW it's only illegal to engage in intercourse under 18 if the person is in your care (like if you were their teacher or guardian), otherwise it's 16. It's the same for SA, WA, Northern Territory and Vic. Otherwise, it's 16 everywhere, except for Queensland where the age of consent for sodomy is 18 (and that's regardless of which position the underage person takes), and Tasmania where the age of consent is 16.

    Good luck with your family, I hope they can come to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx guys for telling me- i was unsure if it was legal or not becoz my dad is a lawyer and he barely gets legal stuff wrong :S im hoping to move to melbourne once iv got my certifications and career anyway tho so its all good :) love yaz all <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's all very unfortunate — the ignorance, the generalizations, the stereotypes. There are at least some overtones of concern, but it sounds as if they think you can choose your orientation, even though none of them did. Hopefully they'll come around as they get over the shock and begin to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @naturegesetz- yeah hopefully, isnt going well at the moment tho lol and its really annoying. Honestly they expect you to tell them if something is going on and if you dont tell them about it, then go do something and dont tell them, they hate you anyway for it. Its a loss-loss situation for bi and gay people if your parents dont like the idea =/.
    @mboy- sure mate <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. it *is* illegal, isnt it? if ur 19, and hes 16, or 17....

    eitherway, i hope ur family comes around... and did u tell them ur bi, or gay?.. surely if ur bi, they might be a little less harsh?...thinking u can "choose" the straight side.... or something....?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope your family accepts you soon! but if you ever need a friend to talk to, I'm always around if you want :]] good luck, best wishes, love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @tyler- nah its not illegal the age here is 16 iv always known that just wasnt sure by what my dad meant- he didnt refer to anything in particular =/
    My family know im bi and yeah you know the rest :)
    @Judie- thanks for your support, much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. intercourse may have special laws about it, but there are no laws about seeing someone.

    I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I really feel bad about it. I hope things get better in the future. stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh that's terrible!!! But good luck! At least you have a great guy like Mboy to provide support and lots of cuddlehugz or pouncehugs or whatever verb mixins he chooses :-)

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  14. :/ Silly people..
    thank gosh you break the cycle though

    Congrats On the Mboy thing btw :) he's been popular around here for quite some while, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. BitBoy!

    Yikes!

    It doesn't sound like your family is that supportive of you being gay!

    They love you but are clearly afraid for you.

    I think it's best that you try breaking away from them and moving out on your own....as soon as possible!

    You're at that age anyway and you've got to leave sooner or later, why not make it sooner?

    The very best of luck to you!!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete